Thursday, June 7, 2012

What's this? A day off?

Note:  This is not a typical post.  This is mainly for those people who need an update on my life, not really my decor.  You're more than welcome to read, but warning:  it may bore you.  :)

So, I've been feeling like this blog is a neglected, abandoned child.  I believe you at least need an explanation.  I mentioned in the last post that I have been crazy busy.  Now, I'm crazy busy, and maybe a little bit crazy.  My kids in my class love that I said [one time] "Oh, my.  I must be going crazy."  So now, they feel the need to remind me of that fact every time I forget to give them a napkin or give them a hug before quiet time.

Anyway, we have done a little around the house...finally got those mini blinds hung!  Our bedroom finally feels like a relaxing, romantic bedroom rather than a curtainless dorm room with big post-its on the window (the old tenants had those sticky blinds...they really are just over-sized post-its).  No huge changes though.

We have also realized that being in the country and having wooden floors throughout requires us to sweep every week.  Woo! ...

I was going to post this amazing recipe last week.  I found it on Pinterest.  Lemon Chicken with red potatoes and green beans.  I was so excited about it...until we ate it.  Hmmm, not so much.  Not blog worthy.  Not really even plate worthy.

I'm geared up for Summer at work.  I've moved classrooms and have spent the majority of my time doing lesson plans and creating a creative, pretty environment.  I also got new students, who have been testing me without any hesitation.  I'm also preparing to teach Pre-K in the Fall!

I started my first college class in two years Monday night.  I'm very excited to be back in school and actually learning something I'll actually use!  No offense to my horrid Brit Lit teacher I had a few years ago.

So, yes, I've been keeping busy.  I'm also contemplating starting another blog about childcare and teaching related topics.  I would keep this blog, however, I do like doing a simple posts updating distant family and friends about our life.  This blog may become a "catch all" blog.  We will see where it takes me.  I kinda just go with the flow of things lately.  It's much more freeing.

Now, I will spend my Thursday off going through my DVR and maybe some grocery shopping.  Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment