Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Projects

I spent the weekend going to garage sales and doing some projects around the house.  These projects are small and simple, but I'm so proud of them!  Oh, and did I mention between garage sales and the Dollar Tree, I spent exactly $20.  (Yes, exactly...I had a $20 bill to spend and that's it.)

This is what $20 gets me...
This (pictured above) is all from the Dollar Tree...2 little bowls/planters (don't know what I'll do with them yet, but they were cute!), 2 mason jars, 3 bottles of soap, a bouquet of fake flowers, hand sanitizer, and a newspaper (Did you get your Sunday paper coupons?).
This (pictured above) is all from garage sales.  BCBG boots (barely worn, and in my size - $3!), basket, old books that I will either set on a shelf to decorate or make into shelves, and a ceramic bird and bell for personal connections.
Oh, and I spent my last dollar on these cool candle holders that just need a little dusting.

Now, that we are changing our decor to a sophisticated shabby chic/country couture look, I finally made these awesome soap dispensers and vases from a mason jar for the bathroom and kitchen.  And yes, I know the flowers are fake and don't need water, but I think it just looks better.





Total cost of 2 soap dispensers: $4.33  (2 mason jars from Wal-Mart, 1 1/2 bottles of soap for each jar - they each could have used more soap and a longer pump, but that was the only kind they had at the Dollar Tree with a clear pump and the scent just happens to be my fav.)

Total cost of 2 vases with flowers:  $3.00 (2 mason jars from Dollar Tree and 1 bouquet of flowers split in half)

No comments:

Post a Comment